After our initial contact…
I'll ask you a series of questions so I can understand your business better and what you're wanting to achieve. If you're not sure what you need to know, relax, I've done the hard work for you! See either of these blog posts I wrote (both open a new tab):
What a web designer will need from you for a quote (Good for less complex websites)
The best web design questions to ask your clients (Good for more complex websites)
You don't have to answer everything in those links, it just gives you something to think about before we meet.
I will ask you for your project budget. I don't ask for it so I can hit that limit no matter what, it's to weed out those who want 6 months work for a week's pay. If you have an image of the site you want I can easily do a PSD to HTML conversion.
I am a coder/geek who has worked on numerous multi-million pound projects but I still dress like a coder/geek. The meetings are informal, the code is professional. That's the way I work.
An average time-scale for small projects is 2-3 days. For bigger projects it is usually around 2 to 4 weeks.
Why choose me over others?
The differences between choosing me and choosing Uncle Bob's Nephew are really important to your sales!
- I've studied and learnt how visitors navigate a site and I know how to build a brilliant user experience and journey flow. The design is only a small part of it. Giving the visitor a truly easy experience boosts sales.
- Through 19 years of tweaking my work I have amassed a huge amount of web design knowledge.
- I pay attention to the details few do. I don't just stick things on a page because they look cool or they are the latest trend. Everything is placed (and then designed) to create the best sales channel possible.
- I passionately believe that "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". Few follow this rule!
- I have multi-million pound projects under my belt to back up my skills.
If you want Uncle Bob's Nephew to create your site for a tenner then you're more than welcome to. I can maximise the business potential and sales. That's why people pay me good money to build their perfect website, one that is truly worthy of the revenue it brings in.
The process will look like this:
See what we can do together
Which of the following areas do you need my help with?
Build a new website
Are you ready to take your online presence to a whole new level? I'm ready!
Re-design your site
Is your site looking like 1999? Let me use my skills to catapult it into the modern era.
Pimp your template
Have you found a template you really want but it needs tweaking? I love this work!
Mobile / Tablet design
If your website doesn't work on small screens you're missing out on a HUGE market.